Apple Cider Vinegar is one of foods that if you don’t have it in your diet now, here why you might consider adding it in. Anyone that has worked with us knows that we love Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV). We always point it out on our grocery store tours and it is a staple in our Clean Eating Cleanse. Here are things ACV can do for you that you might not have realized.
1. Boosts your immune system. ACV can help kill bacteria and pathogens so it also works well to clear up fungal and bacterial rashes.
2. Helps regulate pH balance in the body. Most of us are very acidic and a clean diet that includes ACV regulates your pH balance.
3. Helps relieve heart burn. If you are a person that deals with heart burn or reflux, it could actually mean you have low stomach acids.
When that happens, you cannot properly digest food. ACV helps promote the stomach acid you need for digestion.
4. Re-hydrates the cells. During the Clean Eating Cleanse, our clients drink a morning elixir first thing.
This is to quickly re-hydrate the cells after becoming dehydrated over night and get the digestive
enzymes going in the stomach so they can properly digest all the delicious nutrients throughout the day.
5. Helps stabilize blood sugar. Even if you do not have to worry about diabetes this is still important. The
more we stabilize our blood sugar and do not have crashes that lead to cravings, the less sugar we
crave and eat. The less sugar, the more the weight stays away.
6. Can help with clearer skin. Again, the ACV brings pH balance to your skin. You can dilute it on a
washcloth or dilute and use as a spot treatment.
7. Makes delicious salad dressings. Most of the store bought salad dressings are full of unhealthy oils,
sugar and sodium. We always make our own dressings and they are so easy and delicious. Here is one
of our favorite from the upcoming Fall Clean Eating Cleanse.