- Eat regularly throughout the day. Often we go too long and our bodies go into starvation mode and we crave sugar. Same goes for the kids!
- Adding cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, or cloves to meals or smoothies to naturally sweeten food and help balance blood sugar.
- Consume more clean protein to balance blood sugar.
- Sick with low-glycemic fruits like green apples, berries and grapefruit.
- Eat foods high in B vitamins, such as:
Grass-fed meats (preferably organic)
Fish such as salmon or sardines
Pasture raised eggs
Leafy greens and vegetables such as kale, asparagus, and spinach
- Make sure to get enough healthy fats–coconut oil, avocado, ultra premium olive oil and seeds, for example.
- Exercise and relax—often we reach for sweet treats when we’re feeling stressed.
- Having healthier treats on-hand made with natural sweetners or stevia like our Chocolate Power Protein Balls.
- Drink an entire glass of water before reaching for that sweet treat.
- Eat more sweet roasted root vegetables like sweet potatoes, parsnips, and carrots sprinkled with cinnamon.