Why do we have so many quinoa recipes? Check out this great article from HealthFitnessShops.com on the 7 Health Benefits of Quinoa That You Need To Know. You will want to try all of our quinoa recipes!
Jalapeno Quinoa Patties
- 2½ cups cooked quinoa
- 3 pasture raised eggs, whisked
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs (homemade or store bought. Check the ingredients to make sure there is no added sugar)
- 1 large jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 cup freshly grated 100% parmesan cheese
- 2 tbs of avocado oil, robust olive oil or grapeseed oil
- salt to taste
- Mix the quinoa, egg, salt and cheese in a bowl add then breadcrumbs mix together and set a set for a minute while you preheat a pan over medium high heat.
- At this point I made a few small patties for my kids without jalapeno and put the rest of the mixture in the fridge until I was ready to make dinner for us. Putting it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes will help it set and make it easier for form patties.
- Add chopped jalapeno to quinoa mixture and mix together.
- Preheat 1 tablespoon of avocado oil or another high heat oil over medium high heat.
- Form patties with mixture and saute until golden brown on both sides - about 5 minutes on each side.