Mediterranean Buddha Bowl
This is a great salad to Meal Prep for the week. Here are tips on how to prep it for easy grab and go salads during the week. Meal Prepping Tips: Make 1 cup of quinoa. It will stay good in the fridge for 5 days. Chop all your veggies. Layer all the ingredients in a mason jar for a salad in a jar. Make 2 or 3 for the week. Add the salad dressing to the bottom of the jar, next add the cucumber, chick peas, bell pepper, hummus, romaine, quinoa, and olives. Before you leave for the day, top with hummus.
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 cup Quinoa (dry, uncooked)
- 1 head Romaine Hearts (chopped)
- 1 cup Chickpeas (cooked, from the can)
- 1 Cucumber (chopped)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- ½ cup Red Onion (finely chopped)
- ½ cup Hummus
- ½ cup Pitted Kalamata Olives
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsps Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- ⅛ tsp Sea Salt
- Cook the quinoa according to the directions on the package, and set aside.
- Divide the chopped romaine equally between serving bowls or plates. Top with equal amounts of quinoa, chickpeas, cucumber, red bell pepper, red onion, hummus and olives.
- Add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Italian seasoning and sea salt to a jar. Seal and shake well to combine.
- Drizzle the dressing over top of the assembled buddha bowls and serve immediately. Enjoy!