Roasted Butternut Squash Harvest Bowl
Recipe type: Lunch, Side, Dinner
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 cups Butternut Squash (diced into cubes)
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- ¾ cup Quinoa (uncooked)
- 1¼ cups Water
- 8 cups Kale Leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- ½ cup Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ cup Dried Unsweetened Cranberries or Pomegranate Seeds
- Preheat oven to 420ºF (216ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the butternut squash in half the olive oil and spread across the sheet. Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Combine the quinoa and water in a sauce pan. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer. Cover with a lid and let simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, or until all water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add kale and saute until wilted (about 3 to 5 minutes). Turn off the heat.
- Add the quinoa, roasted butternut squash and balsamic vinegar to the skillet then toss until well mixed. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Divide into bowls and top with pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries or pomegranate seeds. Enjoy!