Spiced Butternut Squash Soup
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- 4 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 can organic coconut milk (BPA-free can)
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- ROAST THE VEGETABLES. Heat your oven to 350°F. Take your chopped butternut squash and carrots and massage with coconut oil, cumin, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bake on a cookie sheet for 20 to 25 minutes until tender. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- ASSEMBLE THE SOUP. Add the vegetable broth and coconut milk to a large pot. Mix together thoroughly. Add the cooled, roasted vegetables to a high-speed blender in batches with just enough broth/coconut milk mixture to cover. Blend until smooth. Add it back to the soup pot and set it on medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve topped with chopped parsley.