Sunbutter Cookie Dough Bites
This snack recipe is adapted from the Oh She Glows cookbook. These make great snacks anytime and the way I do them makes them nut-free so great at school or on-the-go. You can certainly use any other kind of nut butter you have on hand. The thing I like most about this bite recipe is grinding the oats before you mix them, helps make them easier to form. I keep them in the freezer so an easy snack anytime and they are the perfect temp if you add them to a snack or lunch box.
Recipe type: Snack
Serves: 10-12 balls
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 tbs sunflower butter (I like Sunbutter with no added sugar or salt)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp fine grain sea salt
- 2 tbs mini chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life)
- In a high-speed blender, blend the oats until a fine flower. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil (it does not need to be liquid form), sunflower butter, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add the oat flour, and salt, and beat again until combined. If it is a little dry, you can add a more nut butter.
- Fold in the chocolate chip.
- Scoop out about a tablespoon of the mix and form into a ball. If the chocolate chips have fallen out, just push them into the ball.
- Store in the freezer in a glass storage container.