Sweet Potato Quinoa Stew
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 4 servings
- 3 cups organic vegetable stock
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Mexican spice mix like organic spicely
- 1 can or jar of diced tomatoes
- 1 jalapeño
- ½ onion
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup frozen organic corn
- 1 can black beans
- cilantro for garnish
- diced avocado
- cashew sour cream (optional) https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/cashew-sour-cream
- In a soup pot, heat 1 tbs of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and jalapeño and sauté until soft. With an immersion blender or blender, blend together the onion, jalapeño, tomato, spice mix and 2 cups of the stock.
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Bring the tomato stock base to a boil. Add the quinoa and cook for 15 minutes. Add the remaining cup of vegetable stock and the sweet potato and cook for another 10 minutes. Finally, add the corn and black beans. Let it heat through for another 5 minutes. Serve in bowls and top with cilantro and avocado.